I’m a choholic and would probably put chocolate in every cake and dessert that i make. And now, here’s a turon recipe that every chocoholic would love.
You will need the following:
Ripe Saba (Cardaba) bananas, cut in half, lengthwise
Semi-sweet cooking chocolate
Spring roll wrappers
Cooking oil for frying
Choco powder (Optional)
PREPARATION TIME : 5 minutes
COOKING TIME : 20 minutes
Follow these easy steps:
1. Separate the spring roll wrappers and lay on the plate one at a time for wrapping.
2. Lay a slice of the banana on top of the spring roll wrapper. Add a layer of semi-sweet chocolate and top with another slice of banana.
3. Fold the spring roll wrapper, together with the filling, starting from the edge, fold the 2 sides in, then roll up to the end. Use water to seal the edge of the wrapper. Repeat procedure for the rest of the turons.
4. In a pan, heat up the oil in medium heat.
5. Fry the turon, with the sealed edge down to ensure that the turon is sealed. Regularly flip the turon to cook all the sides evenly.
6. When the turon turned light brown, sprinkle just bit of sugar onto the oil enough for it to caramelize and glaze the fried turon.
7. Continue cooking until it turns golden brown.
8. Drain on paper towel and sprinkle chocolate powder on top (optional) before serving.
Serve hot! Enjoy with your favorite tea or coffee!